Tuition Fees and Payment Policy:
The Merrick Before/After School Program (BASP) salaries, administrative expenses, insurance, supplies and materials, program snacks and all other program costs are paid for entirely by the collection of monthly tuition fees. Therefore, it is important that parents make every effort to pay their monthly tuition fees in a timely manner. Our program is financially self-supporting and we rely on our ability to collect tuition fees on time in order to remain fiscally sound.
1. There is a $10.00 non-refundable registration fee for each child registered in the Before/After School Program (BASP).
2. Also due to the escalating costs of liability insurance, a $30.00 per family insurance surcharge will be collected in addition to the $10.00 registration fee. Maximum out- of - pocket expense for insurance will be $30.00 per family.
3. The registration fee and the insurance surcharge are due with your child's completed application.
4. Payments received after the 15th of each month are subject to a $10.00 late fee. Also, returned checks will be subject to a $15.00 fee, payable to the Merrick BASP Inc.
5. For your convenience and to simplify billing, your monthly tuition fee is computed so that it is the same each month regardless of the number of school holidays and/or vacation days that occur in that month. The annual tuition fee is divided into ten monthly payments ( monthly fee = total # of days in school year child attends program x the daily rate divided by 10 months).
6. Parents who do not pay their child's tuition fees in a timely manner (30 - 60 days late) run the risk of having their child(ren) de-registered from the BASP. A new $10.00 registration fee will also be collected to re-register each child. In addition, the child might be placed on a waiting list if our registers are full at the time of re-registration. Please pay your bills on time !
7. A minimum of two (2) mornings and/or two (2) afternoons program participation is required in the BASP.
8. There is a 25% discount for each additional child in the same family who is registered in the BASP.
9. If your child is absent from a regularly scheduled morning or afternoon session, you will be billed for that missed session. However, due to restrictions imposed upon us by our licensing agency regarding student group size, parents will not be allowed to switch days or use make-up days.
YEARLY REGISTRATION FEES:
Each month's tuition payment will be prepaid one month in advance and will be due in our program office no later than the 15th of the month.